The practice, which has grown to become the Corowa Medical Centre, was first started in 1910 by Dr Barnard, who was later joined by Dr Fairley.
In 1964 Dr Rodney Barkman joined the practice forming Fairley, Barkman.
In 1978 Dr Barkman was joined by Dr Ross Wilson. It was in 1978 that the practice was relocated from Dr Barkman's house to the purpose built rooms that the Corowa Medical Centre still occupy.
Over the years Corowa Medical Centre has gone through a number of major renovations, providing additional consulting rooms accommodating additional Doctors and other service providers.
In June 1999 the Corowa Medical Centre opened a branch surgery in Rutherglen at the old Court house Building. In March 2005, the surgery was relocated to a purpose built building that it shares with Glenview Community health Service.